Rules & Requirements
To become a member, there are certain basic requirements that need to be fulfilled.
Requirements for becoming a member
- * Having a valid contract proving you live in an SSSB student accommodation.
- * Paying the fee.
- * Following the rules mentioned in this document. In case of violation, your membership will be revoked.
- Main gym: Weekdays 06-23, weekends 12-23.
- Cardio room: Weekdays 08-22, weekends 12-22.
- You have to enter the gym before 22.00.
- For day-time memberships; Access until 17:00 on weekdays and all day on weekends. On weekdays the member has to leave the gym before 18:00.
- Never use the facilities without a valid membership card. No free try outs.
- Always bring your membership card and identification. We conduct frequent inspections.
- Only students living with a contract at SSSB (or at Lappis through their university) may become members of the gym.
- The membership card and key are personal. If you lend out your key or your membership card to a non-member, your membership and deposition for the key card will be revoked.
- It is forbidden to let people into the gym. If they are members, they have a key and can let themselves in.
- New membership keys are uploaded when old members return their keys.
- Always change into indoor shoes. Never work out wearing outdoor shoes or with bare feet.
- Try to keep the gym nice and tidy. Throw garbage in the baskets placed in the gym or the dressing room.
- When you have finished your exercising, put weights, dumbbells, and other equipment back in its right place. Ask around or look at the pictures on the walls if you are uncertain about the right place.
- Release dumbbells and other weights gently.
- Wipe off benches and other equipment.
- Let other people use the equipment while you rest. Limit your time on the cardio machines when there are people waiting.
- Respect the maximum volume of the music.
- Never workout bare-chested.
- When your membership has expired you need to either renew your membership (via your profile) or return the key within two weeks. After two months your key will be removed from the Aptus system and your deposit is forfeit.
- All payments are done through Paypal. It is your responsibility that the correct e-mail address is provided to us. No refunds will be made.
Illegal substances & drugs
- The Sports Committee takes a stand against illegal doping. The Swedish Sports Confederation may conduct testing in the gym. Members that refuse to be tested or test positive for illegal doping will get their memberships revoked.
- It is under no circumstances allowed to bring alcohol or other drugs into the facilities.