Rules and requirements
To become a member, there are certain basic requirements that needs to be fulfilled.
Requirements for becoming a member
- Have a valid contract proving you live at Lappkärrsberget
- Paying the fee
All new members must accept and follow the rules of the gym. Any deviation from the rules might result in having your membership revoked.
Rules of the gym
- All workout is conducted at your own risk.
- Only people living at Lappkärrsberget may become a member of the gym.
- Never use the facilities without a valid membership card. No free tryout.
- Always bring your membership card and identification. We will conduct frequent inspections.
- The membership card and key card are personal. If you lend out your key card or your membership card to a non member your membership and your deposition for the key card will be forfeit.
- If you lose your membership card you are not allowed to work out until your get a replacement card.
- Always change into indoor shoes. Never work out wearing outdoor shoes or with bare feet.
- Try to keep the gym nice and tidy. Throw garbage in the baskets placed in the gym or the dressing room.
- When you have finished your exercise; put weights, dumbbells and other equipment back in its right place. Ask around if you are uncertain about the right place. Always put the weights in the racks and never by the racks when you are finished with the exercise.
- Release dumbbells and other weights gently. The noise is otherwise disturbing.
- Wipe off benches and other equipment if you sweat it down.
- Please pay attention to your personal hygiene and refrain from wearing strong perfumes in the gym (don't stink up the place).
- Let other people use the equipment you are currently using. Limit your time on the "warm-up machines" when there are people waiting.
- Respect the opening hours of the gym and the sauna, weekdays 06-23 and weekends 12-23. You have to enter the gym before 22.00.
- Show some respect to other members concerning the choice of music and the volume. Respect the maximum volume.
- Never work out bare-chested. Other people might get offended.
- It is forbidden to let people into the gym (no matter how hard they knock). If they are members they have a key card and can let themselves in.
- When your membership has expired you need to either renew your membership or return the key card within two weeks. Otherwise your key card will be deactivated. Then we can't verify that it is our key card and you have to get your deposit from the SSSB office. After two months your deposit is forfeit.
- The Sports Committee takes a stand against illegal doping. The Swedish Sports Confederation may conduct testing in the gym. Members that refuse to be tested or test positive for illegal doping will forfeit their membership.